Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dress for the client

You heard of the phrase "dress for the occasion". I "dress for the client".
 
Once I know what my client's personality is, more or less, and what his/her likes and dislikes are, I wear what I think will be pleasing to the client. It is definitely not an exact science though.
 
I prefer not to wear the stereotypical whitish garb that one might associate with a massage therapist. I want the client to be excited and to be in an upbeat mood when he/she sees me. I feel that the right clothing can contribute to that.
 
 On my way to meet a client who lives near venice beach.
 
 
 
 
  
This client is eclectic like the scene on the promenade along venice beach. I wore an artsy tank top, shoes and cap for our massage session. He actually made a cheerful remark about my outfit. I was so glad to hear that.

There is really no way I can truly tell if the clothes that I wear to a massage session makes a difference in creating a positive atmosphere, but it doesn't hurt to try. Once in a while, a client will comment on my clothes. And never have I gotten a negative reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment