Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Jumping off the cliff

Did you watch the Rio Olympics? 
 
There is something about the Olympics that piqued my interest. I tuned into it on tv when I got home from work the past couple of weeks. I even watched some of the sports that I normally don't ever watch.
 
Anyway, the diving events inspired me to go for my own gold, so to speak.
 
 
I didn't have access to any pools that have sky high diving boards, so I couldn't exactly imitate the diving conditions of those Olympic divers. But I do have access to cliffs that overlook the ocean, and they are open to the public. And that was where I went on Sunday.
 
I took one of my buds to Palos Verdes for some cliff diving. It is an awesome place for diving.
 


My dives obviously had no where near the elegance of Olympic divers. I probably looked like an idiot on my way down to the water. But who cares. I had a blast.


Maybe you will see me in the next Olympics, if cliff diving ever becomes an Olympic sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment