Monday, November 14, 2016

Friendly client relationship

Having a good relationship with my clients is something that I strive for. A good relationship is good for business.
 
However, I have to be careful about being overly friendly with any client.
 

No matter how friendly I am with a client, I always remind myself that I have to maintain my professionalism.

I don't mind chatting with my clients before, during or after a massage session. Sometimes, I feel more like a counselor than a massage therapist. Clients sometimes air their personal issues to me. I take it in and I try to come up with a positive and uplifting response, or I just nod.
 

Yesterday, I arrived early to meet one of my clients. While I was waiting outside her place, she happened to arrive home with a friend after a shopping trip. She and her friend decided to chat it up with me. I didn't mind the chitchat especially since I thought I could get her friend to try my services.
 
This client is a very outgoing warm person. At one point as we chatted, she grabbed my hand and held it. It was kind of awkward, but I think I know her well enough to realize that she was just being gregarious. I just played along. She did make what I thought might have been a suggestive move after our session. Again I just played along. She kind of joked about it. We laughed it off.
 
This type of scenario does not happen too often, but it does happen. It is part of the job. I try to have fun with it. What else can you do?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment