Monday, April 3, 2017

aloha wedding trip

I went to another wedding the next weekend. This time the wedding was a few thousand miles away, in Hawaii. My cousin tied the knot.

The wedding ceremony took place on the beach. The setting was beautiful. The event was intimate. Almost all of the attendees were from my cousin's side of the family, but most of our relatives who live on the mainland weren't able to attend.

My cousin and her groom hadn't been dating for long. Her groom lives on the mainland.

I only got the invitation about three weeks ago. There was not much time to plan a proper trip to Hawaii. I almost didn't go because of my work schedule and the cost. But I managed to set aside three days. And one of my aunts put me up for my three days on the island.


I barely got to the wedding in time. The reception was at a hotel along the beach where the wedding ceremony took place. The wedding was a casual attire affair. I brought a jacket and tie, but I found out that shorts and sandals were ok.

 Cabana dude.

Another wedding attendee.


This wedding was the complete opposite, in terms of style and atmosphere, of the wedding that I attended the previous week. Each one had its own charms.


No comments:

Post a Comment