Monday, April 3, 2017

my stay in Hawaii

For this trip I had only three days, all on the island of Oahu.

I spent most of my time chilling with some of my cousins. I was glad that they were happy to see me.


chillin with my cousins


Of course we went to the beach. It is Hawaii after all. They also took me boating on a catamaran. That was a lot of fun.




 The beach was beautiful.

They also made me walk the plank.


It looks and feels a lot higher when you are standing at the end of the plank than it might appear in the photo.



 We did some primitive boating too. We did some bamboo rafting. I preferred the catamaran.




I avoided the tourist traps.




When we weren't at the beach, I hung out where my cousins usually hang out. I have been to these neighborhoods before. I have to say that some of these Honolulu neighborhoods are downright gritty especially when compared to the touristy areas.



Hawaii has a good food scene. This restaurant is a local favorite.


fried ahi

When you are in Hawaii, you can't avoid the ahi, in whatever form.

short ribs

And some more water related activity.



No comments:

Post a Comment