Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Pink trunks

I had a interesting encounter at work yesterday.


By the way, you will notice that I was not wearing my typical work wardrobe. No t-shirt or shorts or anything of the kind. I wore a nice dress shirt and trousers for the day. One of my clients that I worked on yesterday made a request early on that I look "respectable" whenever I would meet with him in his apartment. He told me that he didn't want his neighbors to see him dealing with a "sloppily" dressed person. 

IMO, I don't look sloppy, even when I am wearing a t-shirt or shorts. I am a massage therapist, not a banker. Besides, why would I want to look sloppy in front of my clients? I always try to wear clothes that are appropriate for the job and for the client. 

However, I go with the philosophy that the client is always right. If a client wants me to dress up, then dress up I shall.




Anyway, back to my encounter ... after I finished the massage session with my client, and as I was leaving the apartment complex, I bumped into this dude. The dude was wearing pink swim trunks. Actually it looked more like underpants.


He was heading for the pool. He was definitely drawing attention to himself.

Anyway, he noticed that I was carrying a massage table. He came up to me and started asking me questions. We chatted. I told him that I was a massage therapist. He said that he was interested, that he could use a massage. I gave him my info. I haven't heard from him yet.




I thought that it was ironic that I was, relatively, dressed up for work so that I would look "respectable", but then you have this dude who is a resident there who was hardly dressed at all. I wonder what my client would think if he saw this dude strutting around the complex.



No comments:

Post a Comment