Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Winning new clients

I have been relatively busy with work these past couple of weeks. With the holiday season here, some of my clients wanted extra massage sessions, more than their usual weekly, biweekly, or whatever the case may be, session. And for others it was simply a desire to rearrange the usual schedule.
 
Some of them mentioned the holiday stress that they were experiencing and that they wanted the services of my magical hands to relief that stress. Others have mentioned the need to get their massage sessions in before they go on vacation.
 
Whatever the case may be, I try to accommodate them as best as I can. I juggle my schedule to a time that works for both of us. I usually bend over backwards to accommodate them. 
 
 I have also gotten new customers these past couple of weeks. Some are just one time deals. A few of those customers, I am hoping, will become regular clients.
 
 
 
One potential customer actually wanted to meet me in person before they would accept my services. They wanted to check me out first. It was like a job interview. That usually doesn't happen. That is not how I operate. My customers generally are referrals, or they may be people who saw my ad somewhere.
 
Usually, we talk over the phone. And if we agree to the terms of service, then I go over to their location to do the job. There is no job interview.
 
I decided to make an exception with this particular customer. First of all, it was a referral. And they seemed to be wealthy from what I gather. They were looking for a long term relationship with a therapist. Two individuals were looking for therapy service, not just one. Plus, it wasn't going to be a one time massage.
 

 
I went to their ritzy apartment complex for a get-to-know-you meeting. It was essentially a job interview. I put on some dressy casual clothes. I took these self pics from the courtyard of that apartment.
 
By the way, I did get the job. This couple was very meticulous and demanding. They had a few complaints while I was working on them, but overall the session went as well as it could have. They said they will call me to schedule future sessions. I haven't heard from them yet. We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment