Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Preparing for the deluge.

As you know, we are experiencing a severe drought here in California. But the forecast predicts that a lot of rain will be falling in the coming days and weeks. It's something called El Nino. We do need the water. So I suppose that is a good thing.  
 
As for myself, I have been preparing for the wet weather ahead. I bought a couple of rain jackets at a post holiday sale at the mall. The jackets were heavily discounted. I probably wouldn't have bought them if I wasn't aware of the weather forecast.  
 
By the way, it was crazy busy at the mall. I don't mind shopping but I could do without the crowds.


 
 This jacket is simple and functional. I like the sleek look and the color. I didn't want an all-too-common black or gray colored jacket. I like the muted shade of red. It matches well with the dark colored shirts and pants that I might wear.
 

 
 I also got this colorful pair of running shoes. Too many running shoes are just so bland and boring. I don't know if this pair of shoes will improve my running, but at least I know that my running style will get a lot better. 

 
Blast from the past.
 
My friend Greg, who is a model and whom I mentioned in some of my previous posts, showed me his portfolio when I met up with him recently. He has an impressive resume and portfolio. I saw some of his earlier work. It got me to thinking about some of my own early modeling work.
 
I admit these photos are not particularly impressive, but I am going to share them with you anyway.
 

 

 
When I started modeling, it was for fun. Then, I also did it for my aunt's clothing business. Fashion and modeling were two things that I got involved with during my high school years.
 
This vest was inspired by the baja style design. The sweater had a festive tribal vibe. So, that was how I looked like and what I wore back then in high school. Also back then, I thought thick framed glasses were cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment