Monday, May 23, 2016

Betting

Are you a betting man or woman?
 
I am, that is, if I think the odds are in my favor. I bet one of my coworkers at the spa that the Golden State Warriors would win game 1 of the western conference finals. By the way, are you a basketball fan?
 
Well, I thought the odds were in my favor. The team with the best regular season record. The defending champs. It should have been a sure bet? Right? No, that was not how the ball bounced in game 1. So I wound up owing Jose a massage.
 
 
I had to wait until Jose's shift ended before I could make good on the terms our bet. I paid up as soon as I could. I only see him when I am at the spa. Plus, I had to be sure that one of the massage rooms would be available.
 
Jose

 
We are sort of pals at work. We razz each other. We both like b-ball. He teases me about my fashion style. And I return the favor. We have completely different taste in clothes. He wears hip hop, gangsta style clothes like wife beaters and saggy pants.

 
 He insisted that there be proof of his triumph over me.


 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment