Monday, May 9, 2016

Festival, island style

I went to a Pacific Islander festival near LA over the weekend. It was a cultural festival organized by the various Pacific Islanders who are living in the LA area. There was good food, Polynesian music and dancing.
 
Being at the festival made me wish that I was back in Hawaii.
 
Meagan thought it would be a good place to do a photoshoot. So besides soaking up the atmosphere of the festival, it was also work. But it was fun work.
 



We wanted to take advantage of the setting. The faux Polynesian huts provided a good backdrop for the photoshoot.


Frankie

 
Frankie was a dude we met at the festival. He claimed that he was part Polynesian, not that it mattered to anybody. He saw us doing our photoshoot. He walked over and volunteered to pose for Meagan, just for the fun of it. We played along. We were there for a good time, so why not? I think he just wanted to show off his body.
 



There was a hut building contest. I had no idea how to put up one of those huts, but I had a good time trying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment