Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Bridge to nowhere

The other day I had the chance to walk around the outskirts of the financial district while I was on a break between massage sessions. There was this structure in the park that I had never seen before.
 

It was a pedestrian bridge to nowhere.
 
Some artist created the structure. The artist definitely picked a dramatic scenery for his work. The bridge looks more impressive in photos than in actuality. It was made of wood as far as I could tell, although it had the appearance of being constructed of concrete and metal.
 
A good portion of the bridge didn't have a walkway, just the side posts and railings. The bridge was no where near as big as it appears to be in photos. The bridge, for the most part, was an illusion. I guess that was the point of the artist.
 

I didn't see the structure in the park this week though. Like an illusion, it is now gone.






No comments:

Post a Comment